Monday, December 2, 2013

Big brother and his pranks

When I was just a young teenager, my older brother started dating our soon-to-be and now sister-in-law, we were out sitting on the car looking up at the meteor shower and were talking about how pretty the stars were that evening when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye, I saw a white shadowy figure at corner of our house and it went behind another car.. 
I sat up on the car and looked out and oh my lord.. it was a ghost.. not like a ghost ghost but a ghostly figure creeping toward us. By this time, I am trying to scream and what do you know --- not a dang thing coming out of this mouth, oh , the mouth was moving but not a single sound coming out. I starting poking at my sister  and brother's girlfriend to take a look and they were just ignoring me, meanwhile, I kept watching that "figure" getting closer and still not able to say a word, I came off that car like a bolt of lightning and then my sister and Joy paid attention and finally saw what I was frantically trying to get them to see. 
Meanwhile, this figure had come toward the back of the car we were sitting on and creeping slowly toward us, they started screaming, jumped off the car and at this time, I was on the door steps banging on the door; they(Becky/Joy) ran up those steps and starting yelling and screaming trying to get the door opened; it was locked. 
The "figure"  was almost upon us and about to grab us, all of a sudden, the lights come on and the sheet comes off... It was my brother.. Dang his hide... We could have killed him that night. Mom and dad were in the house rolling with laughter and here I am about to wet my pants from fright. We chased him all over the yard with anything we could find to throw.. 
What started out with watching scary movies at the drive in and coming home to unwind with a beautiful show of lights in the sky turned out to be another fright night with big brother and his pranks.. Gotta love him. 

Thanks-----
 

No comments:

Post a Comment