Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My first attempt at Thanksgiving cooking.

The best time with my girls... today, we are going to start on the cornbread dressing and green bean casserole as well as the huge turkey breast, this evening.  
Can't wait to start this new tradition with my daughters'. I give thanks to all that I have and to my girls who are starting out as young adults and hopefully this will start a tradition for them as they marry and start families.  
I did make a little boo boo when they were younger,i had found a Paula Dean recipe for Rum Pecan Pie.. I made two, of course, because the two younger ones shouldn't have the Rum.. guess what.. i forgot which pie was souped up... yep, yep.. you would have thought I at least would have at least put a toothpick in it.. but no...needless to say.. they ate the sweet potato pie.. :)  
My turkey didn't fair to well that day either.. My very first take on cooking all by myself.  I bought the turkey, made a good brine and after a few hours took it out and seasoned it and shoved that baby in the oven.. you guessed it... I forgot to take out the innerds.. :)  And then the following year.. I did remember to take them out and it said go inside the neck... i went up it's other end... My girls said , mom, really?? i laughed and said this is the only whole, but after about 30 more minutes, we found the neck... it was covered with a flap of skin...how red was my face,growing up on a farm and didn't know this.  :) 
In my defense, don't laugh...I never looked at the turkey close enough.... nahhh.. just didn't pay attention..

Thanks----

No comments:

Post a Comment