Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another Ah-ha moment

Here's another Ah-ha moment for me. 

When my oldest daughter had an apartment while finishing college, I ordered her some curtains and had to purchase  4 of them. They looked great had the panel on the back to help with the heat and cold. 
Well, no one told me you could not put these in the wash.. Who the hell buys curtains that you can't wash? Me, obviously.. 
They looked a bit dusty and needed a good cleaning and what did smart butt do?? take them down and shove them in the wash and dryer. The wash went fine, just taking them out of the dryer was another story.. Do you remember as a child when you fell asleep with gum in your mouth and woke up with it matted?  No, I guess that was another one of my moments.. :)    Anyways, I get them out of the dryer and they are just all a big hot mess.   If I could kick myself, I would... 
I try to make myself look at the tags of things before I wash.. Note---- if you need something shrunk--- i am your girl.. :)   But again, I ask........who the heck makes curtains that you can't put in the wash??  I come from a time either wash it or hand wash it or if you could afford it -- take it to cleaners,but you learned to stay away from those that needed dry cleaning... 
My poor curtains look like they have been attacked by moth squad.  Oh, well.. costly Ah-ha moment I can be such a ding bat, at times.. Goes to show..... Bobbie pay attention... !!! 

Thanks------


No comments:

Post a Comment