Thursday, May 22, 2014

Well I've done it again---- computer

Well I've done it again Vern....

Today, I take my computer back to the shop because dummy here keeps adhering to the "you must download this" in order to view something... 

Ding Ding.. you would think I would learn??  

I called the company and told them who I was and they have repaired my computers more often than me going to the doctors, of late.... I talked to him about my Windows XP and the age of my dear old friend, the computer, he replied it would be more beneficial to get a new computer vs. what we  have to do to comply the upgrade to yours.   Okay, that can't work right at this point. So, we leave Windows xp for now...  I commence to tell him on my deep frustration and tell him that i am about to make either a new door or window which ever comes first and how hard i throw this thing... he laughs and asks a few questions as to which i said guilty.. "don't do that" he replies...   he goes on and says those little programs that pop up for you to down load their stuff can be damaging(and was) to my system.... virus or trojan, i am afraid.. He says don't do that. Why do I do that?? 
"Okay", I tell  him.. I am going to bring this dang thing back in tomorrow and what i need for you guys to do is to have a monitoring button on my computer and if i even so much as touch or look as if i am going to hit the download button.... YOU press a key to ZAP my ass...   He begins to laugh and say "a shock button".. yes, a shock button , I hit the key and bzzzzzzzz me"..."You have my permission to key stoke my ass".. He could not contain his laughter.. 
Okay, so now to take this dang thing in so they can clean me out again... It will be gone a few days and then have to take my laptop in as well.... For someone that was taking Computer Programming in college back in the early 80's... I am so clueless.... 


Thanks-----

No comments:

Post a Comment