Monday, February 22, 2016

Be that HOPE for someone



One night while I was going in and out of chat rooms on Yahoo, being bored, a screen name popped up that I was not familiar with and we began to chat.   She started asking questions of my family and of my work and she reciprocated the same.   She told me that she had seen my post on the chat room and thought I would be someone nice to chat to.   "Thank you", I replied and of course me being nosey, I started asking more questions of her age and what brought her to the site.  

She becomes vague and a few,  "are you there's", she finally answers and starts to tell me how her life is messed up. "Explain", I asked.   Her school, friends and family didn't seem to understand her and some kids at school bothering her, she just wanted to talk to someone before she killed herself.  "What?" "Why?" I asked.   You are only 17 years old and so much life to give and to share. You will deprive yourself and your family and your future families of the blessed person you are." And she tells me how can she keep going when it seems no one is on her side and I told her honey you have the best person on your side whether you see it or not..........God is on your side... he made you to be great. Be that great person he created.  

All this crap that others are giving you, yes, it's bad but one YOU can overcome." She became quiet again for a time and started asking questions about my children and how I overcame bullying and the hurt caused by others.   I told her to stay strong and find a professional to talk to and a clergyman. 

After a time, which seemed like hours, she tells me that she is getting sleepy and that she would not end her life and I thanked her very much and she was doing the right thing.   but, then she started going back into that dark place and said well, goodbye, I am going to kill myself.   NO NO NO......  please don't do this give me your number, I will get someone there to help.   She finally told me where she lived or near the biggest area... Right after she hung up, I called the police in the area told them this story and told them her screen name  to see if they could find her. "Please, find her." "She is so lost and so hurt."

The morning after, I kept looking on line and the news to see if a young girl around her age had committed suicide.   I never found that answer, nor the answer if that night, when this young soul contacted me; if my words helped her if they fell on deaf ears.  

I hope my words helped, but I know how it feels to want to take your own life. I know how low and how lost and how one feels to be in that dark place with no one there to help.  One only needs that ONE voice of HOPE. We are never promised anything but life and life is the biggest gift ONE can ever have.  

Listen and make time for those that pop in or come by with a face and voice of no return, YOU could be their HOPE. 

Thanks-------

No comments:

Post a Comment