Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My take on violence and drugs/plain bad behavior

When I was a victim's advocate, I used to sit and listen to how someone could do some of the vile things to another person. Some of the things would make you sick and turn your blood boiling. How could someone do this? But whatever the abuse, and in my case, sexual assault or rape, it's not about sex it's about the control they think they have and sex is just a bonus for them and their twisted mind. 
How many times have I been wakened by a phone call in the middle of the night to talk to a victim that can not seem to deal with what has happened. Some wanting to end their pain with pills, alcohol or even some other drastic measure as in killing themselves. That's hard to hear. 
I have been in that ER talking to the victim, the police and the doctors and if needed,depending on the age of the person, DHS. You hear, why, why, why......... there is no why. You hear, it's my fault........no, generally not. I don't care if one walks in a room totally naked, does it give the green light for someone to touch you? NO, it does not. Or if someone comes up in your face and taunt you to hit them or they push you trying to get some type of response... or maybe, if wife, girlfriend or family member does something you don't like ...  does that give the right to lay your hands on them? NO, it does not
It's about self control and when you put drinking, drugs and certain clicks in the mix; you can get a disaster. This is just crazy. And to top it off we have a #president stating that #marijuana is not a hazard as drinking.. well excuse the hell out of me.........   YES, it is. 
They are both drugs that can alter your state of mind and when you have young impressionable minds and all this bad behavior .......  You get young men and women having sex because it feels good, what the hell do you know what feels good? Or, this is a good one, nothing else to do and everyone else is doing it....  how about ..........  Get a job, do chores, play games, have a party without all this crap in your system. How about standing up and having the initiative to say, no.  Show you have a brain instead of stupidity. Yes, I know we all have a moment of stupidity of youth, but these times of accessibility, our youth have no direction and they are like the give me, cause i deserve it and most are all running a muck.
Girls you don't need to pull your pants down and have sex for a guy to like you or want you .. Guys you don't need to make it a game or "another notch". Drugs and alcohol is a dangerous game we play but as a young person and their growing minds, what is it actually doing? What in the hell are we teaching our kids? No wonder marriage is not the norm these days. 
And to all the grown men and women out here. It's the same for this group to. Self control vs. impulse/violence. I have seen it and heard it all. The control and violence on another human being and it makes me sick and as much as I go into my mind and want to go after that person that did this; I have to keep my control and know that I am there for this person, talking with them. Helping them get through this and showing them they can come out of this awful experience and turn it into something they can deal with.. The goal is getting them out of the victim stage to one of being a survivor. 
In weeks to come, I will break down each of these and voice my opinion. I would like to have feedback or comments about what I blog about, feel free. 

Thanks----

No comments:

Post a Comment