Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My take on Journals

I started writing a journal a few months ago. I used to write all the time; little plays, poems and such. As time went by, it became less and less until nothing. Writing a journal is different for every person. We write for different reasons and each are looking for a different outcome. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you. 

Writing helps ease your mind, gets the stress out and puts you in more of a positive mood than before you started writing that first line of your journal.  Your words start pouring onto the page after a while, without thinking. You can write whatever you want in the journal.. from the weather to how you are feeling or start writing about wishes/promises/expectations and then the things that were bringing you down seem to give you a boost. 

Writing helps to say things that we may be unable to say or afraid to say and putting it on paper seems to help get that frustration out and let's face it.... saying what you need and getting  it off your mind... makes you feel better........ all your negative begins to be a positive. Things start working again; the mind stops racing, the blood pressure drops, a smile comes about more often and what was once lost is now found again. 

I know when I lost my friend, Bill Browning, I set down and wrote some things that we talked about and wished could happen and of the future that now can never be. I cried, yes, and still do but the writing helps. 

Set down and start writing a little journal today and see  what outcome you choose for yourself.

Thanks-----

No comments:

Post a Comment