Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My adventure to Ireland

My trip of a lifetime.

 Have you ever thought about just getting away? Taking and adventure? I have and did.

My adventure was Ireland "The Emerald Isle." I spent 10 days in this amazingly, beautiful country.  I beat all odds and had the 
determination of seeing this country.  

I want to just touch on some of the places we visited. Flew into Dublin and picked up our car and wouldn't you know it, we got in on the wrong side. Getting out of the airport was a bit of trickery due to road work and of course not knowing exactly where we were going but after a few times, we or should I say Rachel mastered it all the way to the hotel. Now,getting into the hotel was another feat, could not find the street to go down and kept missing it, when we did. But finally, made it to the parking garage and gathered our luggage and off to our room we went. 

Dublin was huge and so busy, people walking in the streets, bike riders riding into the streets along with the cars. It was crazy but we When we finally arrived to the hotel, we took a stroll around the area.. I bet we walked more than 20 blocks and could have kept walking. We were in awe of this beautiful place.. But dang was it cold. We stopped in the oldest pub built,"The Brazen Head", and had lunch then out again;looking around. Every street was something new to see and absolutely beautiful. The people were nice.

The next day after breakfast, we made our way to the car and on our way to Enniskerry to PowersCourt Estate to look around the gardens and see the waterfall.. words cannot tell you how beautiful these grounds were. Huge estate, lovely gardens and the ponds and statutes were something out of a movie or picture book, but it was real. I could not get enough, but again, dang it was cold, about that time, i was wishing i had brought my trench coat.. :)  

Another place we visited was Waterford to tour Waterford Crystal... this was a special place. The area right across from the water, lovely. Touring the building where they make the crystal was -- i was just in awe of the whole process. You have to see this;how they make these amazing pieces from start to finish. How long they have to apprentice to be able to work on them and what they do to make them as you see on the shelf.It was an experience I will never forget. 

On to Cork to see Blarney Castle. Oh my lord, just a shell of itself now, but still an awesome site. I could take my imagination back to a time where i could see or imagine how it once was. The dining room, the cooks room, the bedrooms. I went through the dungeon a bit until it became too dark and too small  for me to climb through, i became a bit frightening and crawled back out to catch up to my young friend.  We walked all over that castle and found our way up to the Blarney Stone.." Holy cow, you want me to lay how and reach where to kiss what?"  "You are gonna hold me, right? " I kissed it.. :) Afterwards, we then went around on the grounds to a Poison Garden, yes, you heard me, a poison garden.. It was a site to see. How beautiful this place was, I didn't want to leave but we had more traveling to do and many more places to see. 

We made our way to the Killarney National Park. We walked and became lost(walked off the beaten path,you could say) and walked and walked for hours.. There were 11,000sq miles of that park and I believe we walked every inch of it and more trying to find our way back to where we parked.  Rode on my first jaunt ( believe that is how you spell it) how wonderful that horse was and the driver was a talker, but damn it was so cold and by that time my blasted camera and phone ran out of juice and no pictures other than with Rachel's , she brought , thankfully, she had a better one and let me take some pictures .. thank you , thank you..

The next morning, we drove to The Ring of Kerry, it was oh Jesus, I found my coming to Jesus moments going down that long winding road.  I have to hand it to the bus drivers that make it through those tiny curves. We were in the car and almost kissed a few stone walls along the way. Sheep running down or up the road, how on earth? It was amazing to see. We stopped at Glenbeigh Beach and walked for a while before going to our next destination. 

Our next trip took us to my very first ferry ride to  The Cliffs of Moher, now,  you gotta stop and see this one..It was the most beautiful sight, I have ever seen. The cliffs so high and the water below was so blue. The walk on the trail was long and cold but we didn't mind, it was lovely I felt as if I were on top of the world and as I was standing alone at one point.. I stopped and looked up to the heaven's and said to my mom.. "Mom, I made it. The trip we talked about for so long and wanted to take, I am here and I know you are here with me on this journey. The journey we wanted to take , to walk the same places as our family before us. I wish you were here in the physical sense, but I know you are with me and in my heart, you are with me on this incredible journey". 

We saw so may wonderful and amazing places, Galway where we saw The Trad on the Prom, Oh man was this great entertainment. We shopped the next day, great shops and then made our way to WestPort, beautiful area. You have got to visit this place. 

When you do travel to Ireland.. you need to stay in Bed and Breakfast. They are so great and the food; you can't beat it. We saw some great places and wonderful people along the way and as I do plan on going back, I know that I can't replace the steps that I made this journey. We got lost several times but found our way and along that way, some of the most beautiful countryside you could ever see.. And the man with the jaunt was right. 50 shades of gray..... Ireland has 50 shades of green... everywhere was green. 

Take a journey, take an adventure. Take time out to find yourself.

Thanks-----

No comments:

Post a Comment