Friday, May 15, 2015

Love and Being in Love

Love and being in love are totally different in my opinion.

We can love many at any given time. They can be friends or lovers. We love for many reasons. Some of us can love someone just from physical appearance (superficially) or the way they talk or we can love them for how they are when they are with us. Some of us love being in love, it doesn't have to be that one special person that makes our hearts go pitter patter. Some of us need to have someone around to keep from being alone, but whatever that reason, we find ourselves searching for that four letter word and wondering if it could be real for us. 

I have loved a great deal of guys/men at one time or another. No, I didn't like dating and when I did, they were usually double dates; these guys whom I have loved were my guy friends. I loved them for how they were around me. These guys were the best. They were  always there when I needed them and always protective, especially, if they  felt another guy outside our group had made inappropriate advances. These guys, always fun and never boring. I loved them all, differently.

Being in love is something more profound, sacred, and special between two people. Loving someone with everything you are and have. Every time you look at one another, and instant smile and a longing for touch. And when you kiss; skyrockets go off. Yes, I have actually seen skyrockets one time in my life and they were lighting up the night sky.  Just thinking of them sends a shiver up your spine and your eyes light up. And when you are together, no one else in the room. You just know--- love isn't very far behind.  And when you are apart; emptiness inside and the longing for them is so deep, you can't eat or sleep and you find yourself daydreaming of being with them again.  Being in love with another is a feeling like no other....... they get you like no other and when you touch and look into one another's eyes; finding the other's soul and becoming one. Two people joining as one couple and one heart.   This is the love that most of us want to find.

Thanks-------

No comments:

Post a Comment