Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wearing High Heeled Shoes and your Legs

This is more for the ladies out here than anyone. I have just finished my last EVLT on my legs, due to obstructions. The blood and oxygen were not flowing properly and causing pain. At times, hard to walk even for 5 minutes. Went in to kill off the veins causing the problems and in hopes the blood will find a new route to other veins. The procedures were painful ( to  me anyways) and went according to plan (as so the doctor says).

Update:  I have another month to finish healing and then back to the doctor for another ABI test to see if all obstructions are gone.

Now to how I got them........   One is from the horse accident from last year. who would thought that little horse could do so much damage, thrown flat on my back (thankfully no broken bones only full skeleton bruising) and concussion which caused a whole other problem with my heart (which in turn is part of this problem).

Another problem HEELS... Ladies they make our legs look great in some outfits and appear taller but they will do the damage to our feet and legs as well as crossing those legs........Don't cross your legs!!!!! As much as we love the heels and think they build our calf muscles, actually lower heels will do that much better and less stress on your feet. Once the damage is done, it is rarely reversible depending on the problem and the person. I am not saying not wear heels, shoot, I still wear them but not those 4" heels any longer. I am saying, wear smaller ones or limit the time in the ones you do wear.

So, ladies, I will say again.........  Those shoes may make you feel good (until they start hurting your feet) for a small amount of time, but your legs and feet are yours for a life time. Be kind to them... They are all you have.

Thanks--------

No comments:

Post a Comment