Sunday, March 1, 2015

Our Gift of Life

As I grow older, I find that life is a gift.. A gift that only comes once. We are all born for/with a purpose and it's in each of us to seek that purpose. Some of us want fame and fortune, while others seek fortune, some strive for being the best of the best and others just want to get by...

 Nothing is terribly wrong with any of us wanting and wishing. It's how we get there. Some care nothing but for themselves; stepping on others and using others to seek what they want (we all know a few in this category) while others only give of themselves; whether it be time or money. Is there a happy medium?  I am not sure, quite a few say there is, but I have yet to find that happy medium of juggling between what I want as to what is best for me. 

Someone told me while I was in there office in Tupelo, one day, that she could see that I was brought to this earth for greatness that I am bound for the spiritual  rather than secular. I have thought about that over the years and still don't know (exactly) what she meant but I think I am figuring it out.  

 I've been fortunate enough to be most anything I have strived to become, maybe not in such a  way that I have seen myself to be, I have done lots of things that I normally wouldn't have done as in travel by myself, get on stage and sing in front of hundreds of people, even become a victim's advocate. See as a young girl, I was always scared of many things didn't want any attention on me, I felt that as long as I was in the background, I would be overlooked as if I were invisible. Luckily, I grew up and found and still finding my way--- a late bloomer, so I have been told.   I say all of this not to dissuade anyone's dream of being that famous, wealthy actress/model/writer or athlete or maybe be the best singer in the world. That's why we were born, to become whatever we wish. We are all unique, all of us are God's creation, not one of us has the same ears or same fingerprints but we all have the same functions in our bodies, heart, lungs, etc.. It was said many years ago, that our lives have been planned out for us before we were born in that Book of Life. True or not? It's not for me to say or ask, but I would like to think that yes, I am born but what path I choose or have chosen is mine(my choices), whether to learn or grow and mainly mistakes but these paths have made me who I am today.

   So, what if someone only wants to be a mom or a wife or someone wants to just work in a factory, as long as they are happy and maybe at their "happy medium", who are we to judge? Not all of us want and strive for fame and or fortune and that's okay too.  Those that connive and go up that corporate ladder on the backs of others will have their own cross to bear, maybe- if those people have a conscious.

Our lives are a gift we should and need to cherish each day. As parents, we remember the birth of our children and say what a blessing this little gift is...........   well, it is....... Life is a blessing within itself, yet some of us feel the need to take our gift and use it --- abuse it--- even try to destroy it.  I speak from experience; I have used, abused and tried to destroy my life and finally find that it's within me to make whatever greatness, I am to become and do it with honesty and for me.

Take care of this gift, for as we all know---We are born to die and dying is inevitable for all of us. Let this  gift of life guide you to your greatness, after all we are all a precious commodity; we are worth more than gold.


Thanks------------



 

No comments:

Post a Comment