Wednesday, November 14, 2018

FRIENDS LIKE THIS?


FRIENDS LIKE THIS, WE ALL HAVE HAD ONE OR TWO


I know most of you have or have had a friend that thought you should follow them anywhere. Just because we are friends you should.....  take your pick of you should.  They open their mouths  and your name comes out for whatever the reason that friend wants or has to say, right?  And you are standing there with that dumb look on your face and wondering how you were going to get out of this one or how did I get into this or why. Yes, one of those friends, I have had my share, especially after I graduated from high school. Let me tell you, high school was a dream compared to the outside world. All sorts of folks out there. 

I had this particular friend back home in Mississippi. We had met at work and hit it off. We started hanging out together and she, especially when drinking, had a big mouth. One of those open mouth and insert foot. This  night, she had a row with a guy and off we flew with her screaming and screeching and me telling her keep your eyes on the road or pull over.  Well, we had come up on a car with other girls that looked like they were, not the type of girls we hung out with, nicely. They had their music up as loudly as we did and my friend had to either do a finger gesture of she opened that big mouth and pursuit began.  They chased us up and down Green Street off Green Street and into town and back and all the while she is hollering and honking. Now, by this time, why? She's yelling and I am yelling, getting no where fast when all of a sudden my friend takes a sharp turn into a parking space of one of our friends apartment building. I guess her thinking was if she turned quick enough they would not see us. Well, how that work out for us?  They were right on our tail, screeched into the space next to us and my friend couldn't or didn't get her door shut fast enough, the driver of the car ran over pulled her out and a few blows were thrown. Me and the others were still inside the cars telling them to stop and let it be. My friend and this girl were just yelling at what? Nothing, because my friend didn't know what she had done to cause this and the other girl was mistaking her for someone else. Me and another girl from the other car, finally,  got them to stop yelling and go to their perspective cars and go our own ways. 

Well to make a long story short. My friend gets mad at me for not going out and helping her. What on earth for when you had it covered and she wasn't mad at me, I didn't do anything. Your mouth again and your welcome.  See, one of the other girls and myself, remedied the situation to which those two were yelling and screaming and running around trying to keep the other from doing too much damage, it was funny, actually.  She goes into this rant of what friends are suppose to do for the other and if she asked me to jump off the bridge I should.  Nope. See to be friend's with Kimberly was a chore within itself, she was rich, entitled and her parents couldn't keep much track of her and she did as she pleased until the fun wore off. 

What to do with one of these type friends if you survived? Well, as I saw it there was more good in there than mischief and when she wasn't partying hard, she was actually a decent sort. So, we worked it out and stayed friends for a while until she moved.  We have to wonder with friends like this if it's worth it or not. It's up to the individual to weigh and do a check list, but for me, she was worth it for time, long ago.  


Just a thought.

Thanks, 







No comments:

Post a Comment