Saturday, January 9, 2016

Things we do when young.

The things we try when we are young.

I did silly, stupid stuff as we all do and now as I am much older, I wonder how/why on earth.  

One of those times was when I almost choked myself to death on Worcestershire sauce. See, I love things hot and spicy and as a young girl, that was just spicy enough for my young pallet. I would always pour some in the top and drink it up... one day, I decided to just pop the top and guzzle it down..........  wrong thing to do.  The moment I popped that top and held my head back as far as I could go and turned that bottle up, there it went or should I say, I went.  The wonderful tasting liquid came fast and loose inside my little mouth and flooded my mouth, well it went down the wrong hole.  I felt the burning and then the airways started to block. 

As quickly as it went down, my head and body bent over with pain, my eyes felt the heat and tears started whaling up and I could not cough, could hardly breath and I began to panic. Fanning my face for some reason, I am guessing to help with the heat. I made it over to the kitchen sink and was thinking to myself okay you big dummy now what?  Look what you did. 

 Holding my head upright did not seem to help with the blockage in my throat, so I bent over the sink and started running cold water to find some coolness over the heat that was overwhelming my whole body at this point. And as I bent over towards the water, low and behold the passage way started clearing and I could breath, again. The heat sensation started to subside but the tears started flowing as to what seemed to last an eternity but was only seconds, I could finally breath.  I lifted my  head, picked up that bottle put the top back on put it back on the shelf.  I did not touch that again, heck it was years before I would even use it again. 

These silly things we try when young and lived through by just shear luck and grace of god, is a right of passage, I suppose, for all that try these silly little things.  

Thanks-------






No comments:

Post a Comment